Modesto, CA 95356
Novo Technologies is looking to fill a unique opportunity for a Release Manager, with a skill for Project Management. We are looking for a candidate who can not only demonstrate technical leadership and has experience with improving release processes, but has knowledge of Scrum and working knowledge of architecture build out. As with any position, communication is key, so finding someone who can communicate and present effectively and clearly across all organizational levels is imperative. This position may be for you if you are someone who has keen attention to detail, can perform calmly within deadlines, and enjoys being challenged complex problems.
- Weekly Release Reporting
- Develop scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
- Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs
- Negotiate, plan, and manage all release activities
- Ensure that issues, dependencies, and risks are identified, understood, and resolved in a manner that mitigates risk.
- Track release cycle activity (progress, dates, deliverables), and provide reports as necessary.
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- General PC Knowledge including Microsoft Office; expert level knowledge of Excel; working knowledge of Access
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience in release management position
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Computer Scient, technology field, or equivalent)
- 2-6 years at least of previous release and/or Project Management experience
- Knowledge of build, deploy, test, and release process.
- Experience with Atlassian product line including Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo, and Confluence.
- Experience with TFS/Azure DevOps.
- Must have experience within house development software/services.
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors
- Familiarity with agile frameworks.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
Nice to Have
- Formal training in project management practices
- Advanced knowledge of software development life-cycle
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
Why Novo Technologies
- Whether you have 10 years of experience or two years, our mentality and culture fosters learning. Our team of people work together to help one another improve in skill set, knowledge, and experience.
- If you enjoy mentoring and building up others, you’ll have the opportunity to work with interns through our Novo Technologies Internship Program.
- Specializing in software for healthcare, you’ll see firsthand how your talent makes a difference and can impact so many lives around the world.
- You will work with some of the top leaders in the industry.
- Most important, you will have the opportunity to grow, gain a new skill set, and thrive.