Under the supervision of Site Director/Manager, the role of the Business Intelligence Developer is to perform the analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation of Business Objects based reporting solution. The BI Developer will assist in defining the scope of a project, or phase of a project, utilizing qualitative criteria, technical, and business specifications. Under the direction of the Project Manager or Technical Lead, the BI Developer should demonstrate the ability to plan, run, and manage meetings with internal and external clients as well as complete important project initiatives. The BI Developer will also be able to provide a creative source of ideas/solutions to address problems as well as enhance all Business Intelligence projects.
- Perform the analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of MS BI solutions.
- Assist technical team with developing analytical frameworks, tools, and techniques to identify problems and able to suggest solutions to problems.
- Propose creative, scalable, and future proof designs.
- Identify the most suitable approach given business requirements.
- Produce quality deliverables in line with team expectations in a timely manner and support others in doing the same.
- The BI Developer should demonstrate effective communication skills: written, verbal, and listening.
- Write documentation and complex reports in a clear and concise manner and present information in a well-organized and easily understood way.
- Keep management informed of situations that warrant attention and take personal responsibility to resolve issues proactively.
- Write documents for appropriate audience as required.
- Display cooperation and flexibility when dealing with team members.
- Regularly report on project status to the Director and/or Project Manager through prepared reporting templates.
- Build positive relationships with and gain confidence of clients or partners based upon his or her functional, technical, and /or consulting skills.
- Challenge ideas, assumptions, and conclusions of others where appropriate.
- Present gained knowledge through formal methods (e.g. training, presentations etc.).
- Contribute to the improvement of the efficiency of data warehouse team, through scripts, tool code, component development, or methodology enhancement, etc.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific, business, or technical field and/or will consider 7 years of experience in a related field.
- Extensive working experience in designing, developing BI application, and reports utilizing the latest Microsoft technologies.
- 7+ years experience with SSRS, SSAS, SSIS on SQL Server 2008/2012+
- Extensive experience in SQL language, MDX, and scripting.
- Extensive knowledge of RDBMS and dimensional modeling.
- Up-to-date knowledge of Microsoft BI products.
- An understanding of ETL processes and preferably at least one tool e.g. SSIS, Ascential Data Stage, Informatica experience desirable.
- High level database design expertise in major Relational Data Management Systems (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, DB2).
- Established expertise and ability to deliver in some of the following:
- Applications Reporting
- Data Management
- Complex Architecture and Deployment
- Application Foundation
- Analytical Applications
- OLAP access
- Completely familiar with the general requirements and issues associated with building BI solutions.
- Good facilitation skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate with, negotiate with, and influence the data warehouse customer on technical.
- Demonstrates a desire or willingness to exceed expectations.
- Accepts change and can encourage others to adapt to change.
- Shows a sense of urgency in completing tasks.
- Can work with little direction or supervision but understands when to ask for support and promotes an open flow of information so that all are well informed.
- Demonstrates good personal time management skills, including punctuality, time reporting and completion of assigned tasks within agreed time frames.
- Ability to qualify and analyze business requirements.
- Ability to map solutions to requirements.
- Strong knowledge and experience of Business Intelligence methodology and implementation practices.
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.