Novo Technologies is searching for a Technical Writer, specializing in software development. The Technical Writer will be responsible for leading technical writing projects with team members. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to produce high-quality documentation and will also help to create technical writing strategy on a high level.
- Deliver Online Help, User Guide, Installation Guide, Administrator Guide, Release Notes and Whitepapers for multiple products and services.
- Develop topic-based, structured, single-source documentation using XML authoring.
- Validate, test, review, and edit new and existing customer documentation for quality.
- Can create a documentation plan for an entire product.
- Actively participate in daily Scrum stand-up meetings, weekly planning, and review meetings
- Have the ability to estimate the working time required to complete a task, or time required for a team to complete a task
- Be skilled at design thinking, and thinking from the perspective of the user
- Plan out tasks to meet deadlines and ensure accountability within the project team
- Be an expert at adapting quickly to new scenarios that require specific skill sets and have high levels of ambiguity
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, primarily Software Engineering, Quality Assurance, Design, and Project Management to produce high-quality, accurate, and concise customer documentation
- Test the user interface for consistency, simplified workflow, and internationalization
- Track and manage project efforts using issue tracking software such as JIRA or Rally
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (will consider years of experience)
- 3 –4 years of experience in each listed requirement
- Experience with the Agile development process
- Possesses expert-level abilities in the process of breaking down software processes and effectively communicating the breakdown in writing
- Has expertise in structuring content in topics that can be grouped together as single deliverable and can also be reused in other documents.
- Has a solid understanding of Lean/Agile/XP software development processes, their application to GE projects, and how they influence technical writing
- Possesses deep understanding of the major aspects software Design, namely design patterns, scalability, test planning & strategy, & security/compliance. Leverages this understanding to inform planning for technical writing projects
- Possesses an awareness of the major aspects of software development, namely test automation, build & deploy, performance optimization, & data structures
- Possesses the ability to work in a fast pace Agile environment.