Novo Technologies is looking for an experienced UI Developer to add to our growing team. Working along side other developers, and with the supervision of the Software Development Manager, the UI Developer position will involve translating requirements into wireframes and ultimately into internal and external facing web and mobile applications. The ideal candidate would possess excellent UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into intuitive and functional user interfaces. An eye for clean and artful design work is a bonus.
- Possess the ability to produce high-quality front-end code
- Improve users’ experience by making interactions simple, efficient, and easy for users to accomplish goals and tasks
- Produce front-end code and visual comps to create a polished and highly functional user interface with a focus on usability and simplicity of design
- Ensure software operates ideally across a range of programs and platforms, including Microsoft and Apple products and various mobile operating systems
- Conduct thorough testing of user interfaces in multiple platforms to ensure all designs render correctly and systems function properly
- Solve any design or usability issues that arise and anticipate potential future problems so they can be resolved before they impact users
- Follow best practices and standards for accessibility and cross browser compatibility.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and/or will consider 3+ years of professional experience
- UI experience
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Ability to present your designs to team and management
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Other visual design and wire-framing tools