Modesto, CA 95356
Are you ready for your next challenge in Software Development? Looking to provide a creative source of ideas/solutions to address problems? If so, we are looking for you, a self-motivated individual who can work independently as well as with a team and is willing to take initiative.
Joining our team, you would perform the analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation of Business Objects based reporting solution; assist in defining the scope of a project, or phase of a project, utilizing qualitative criteria, technical, and business specifications; demonstrate the ability to plan, run, and manage meetings with internal and external clients as well as complete important project initiatives.
- Perform the analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of MS BI solutions.
- Assist technical team with developing analytical frameworks, tools, and techniques to identify problems and able to suggest solutions to problems.
- Propose creative, scalable, and future proof designs.
- Identify the most suitable approach given business requirements.
- Produce quality deliverables in line with team expectations in a timely manner and support others in doing the same.
- Write documentation and complex reports in a clear and concise manner and present information in a well-organized and easily understood way.
- Keep management informed of situations that warrant attention and take personal responsibility to resolve issues proactively.
- Write documents for appropriate audience as required.
- Regularly report on project status to the Director and/or Project Manager through prepared reporting templates.
- Challenge ideas, assumptions, and conclusions of others where appropriate.
- Present gained knowledge through formal methods (e.g. training, presentations etc.).
- Contribute to the improvement of the efficiency of data warehouse team, through scripts, tool code, component development, or methodology enhancement, etc.
- 7+ years experience with SSRS, SSAS, SSIS on SQL Server 2008/2012+
- Extensive experience in SQL language, MDX, and scripting.
- Extensive knowledge of RDBMS and dimensional modeling.
- Up-to-date knowledge of Microsoft BI products.
- An understanding of ETL processes and preferably at least one tool e.g. SSIS, Ascential Data Stage, Informatica experience desirable.
- High level database design expertise in major Relational Data Management Systems (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, DB2).
- Completely familiar with the general requirements and issues associated with building BI solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate with, negotiate with, and influence the data warehouse customer on technical.
Established expertise and ability to deliver in some of the following:
- Applications Reporting
- Data Management
- Complex Architecture and Deployment
- Application Foundation
- Analytical Applications
- OLAP Access
- Can work with little direction or supervision but understands when to ask for support and promotes an open flow of information so that all are well informed.
- Demonstrates good personal time management skills, including punctuality, time reporting and completion of assigned tasks within agreed time frames.
- Ability to qualify and analyze business requirements.
- Ability to map solutions to requirements.